In alignment with New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s updated public health emergency order, the City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department is extending its closure of all City-run programs, facilities and parks until further notice to ensure every person’s well-being while practicing social distancing and staying home.
Operational closures until further notice:
- Practice, League Play, and tournaments on all City facilities (athletic fields).
- All youth and adult programming.
- All fitness classes.
- Juvenile Citation Program (JCP).
- Keep Las Cruces Beautiful (KLCB) Program.
- Administration offices are closed.
Facility closures until further notice:
- East Mesa Recreation Center, 5589 Porter Dr., Frank O’Brien Papen Center, 304 Bell Ave. and The Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.
- The Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave.
- Frenger Swimming Pool, 800 Parkview Dr.
Specialty parks closures until further notice:
- Butterfield Shooting Range
- Skate Park
- BMX Track
- Dog Park
- RC/Archery Park
- Athletic Ballfields
- Tennis/Pickleball Courts
All City-owned parks are closed, and services, which include medians, right of ways (ROW), alleys, parks, trails, restrooms and fountains are suspended until further notice.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation Department Administration Offices 575/541-2550.