LAS CRUCES, NM – Early voting for the 2020 general election expands to seven additional voting centers on Saturday, Oct. 17, at 11:00 a.m.
These locations will be open for voting Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., through Oct. 31:
· Anthony City Hall – 820 Highway 478 Anthony, NM 88021
· Delores C Wright Educational Center – 400 E Lisa Dr, Chaparral, NM 88081
· Hatch High School – 170 E Herrera Rd, Hatch, NM 87937
· Doña Ana Community College: Sunland Park Center – 3365 McNutt Rd., Sunland Park, NM 88063
· Sonoma Elementary School – 4201 Northrise St., Las Cruces, NM 88011
· Las Cruces City Hall – 700 N Main St, Las Cruces, NM 88001
· NMSU Corbett Center – 1600 International Mall, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Voters will also continue to be able to cast ballots at the Doña Ana County Government Center at 845 N. Motel Blvd in Las Cruces from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each weekday until Oct. 30 as well as on Oct. 31 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Pursuant to public health order, voters are asked to wear masks and maintain social distance when at the voting location.
Election Officials will be wearing masks, practicing social distancing as much as possible, and regularly sanitizing frequently used surfaces.
All early voting sites, including the Doña Ana County Government Center, will have expedited absentee ballot return available to voters through outdoor drop boxes that will be manned by election officials. These boxes are operational during voting hours only.
Absentee ballots can be returned by the voter, the voter’s immediate family member, or by the voter’s caregiver at any voting convenience center during early voting or on Election Day. Immediate family members include the spouse, parents, children, or siblings of a voter.
As of Thursday afternoon, more than 30,000 voters had successfully requested absentee ballots; more than 3,500 voters had already returned absentee ballots; and more than 7,200 voters had cast ballots in person for the 2020 general election in Doña Ana County.