Book your interdimensional travel today with the reopening of Meow Wolf’s famed immersive experience, House of Eternal Return. Just in time for the exhibition’s five-year anniversary, the Santa-Fe-based arts and entertainment company has officially reopened its flagship location. Following Omega Mart’s grand opening in Las Vegas last month, House of Eternal Return marks Meow Wolf’s second opening of 2021.
Meow Wolf’s reopening and reduced capacity adheres to New Mexico’s most recent public health order, which was announced on March 24, 2021. Meow Wolf has put additional tickets on sale through May 25th and will be welcoming guests to the House of Eternal Return at limited capacity between Friday and Monday of every week.
Fans of the exhibition will be able to return to a space with new surprises, as Meow Wolf has spent the past year installing a variety of upgrades to the exhibit with new installations from guest artists such as Corinne Loperfido, Paolo Puck, and Obsidiopolis. Visitors can purchase tickets now.
The installation has also revised its traffic flow and curtailed its interaction with immersive displays so that the interactive experience aligns with museum protocol. Beyond physical space, Meow Wolf has also redesigned and reimagined “touch” as some experiences were previously centered around tactile exploration, including:
- Digital Access to In-Exhibition Content. Meow Wolf has created more digital content to get into the storyline. Instead of flipping through a physical newspaper or book for clues, visitors can use their mobile phones for a non-touch experience.
- No Touch/Low Touch. Some art that was ‘high-touch’ has been modified into ‘no touch’ or ‘low touch.’ For example, the iconic dryer portal is temporarily closed to physically crawl through, but visitors will still be able to take the perfect Instagram shot.
Implementing safety practices and protocols to protect employees, guests, and the community while combating the spread of coronavirus is Meow Wolf’s main priority. Here’s what to expect when visiting Meow Wolf:
- Face Masks: In keeping with New Mexico state guidelines, face masks are required at all times. Masks must cover both nose and mouth.
- Temperature Checks: All guests are required to have a non-invasive temperature check before being allowed in the exhibit.
- Social Distancing: All visitors must practice social distancing and keep a minimum of 6 feet away from other groups and employees during their visit. Docents are also available to help maintain protocol.
- Ventilation Upgrades: Meow Wolf has increased outside airflow and circulation, and upgraded its HVAC system by installing UV lights to clean air.
- Employee Covid Testing: Meow Wolf requires employees to be tested weekly for Covid-19 utilizing New Mexico’s Department of Health recommended Vault Saliva Test.
In addition to the above, Meow Wolf is also implementing safety measures for their staff and the exhibit. Every day, in preparation for guests, the House of Eternal Return undergoes rigorous sanitization. Employees receive daily temperature checks and have undergone comprehensive COVID-19 safety and sanitization training. When in the exhibit, you will also find hand sanitizer dispensers placed at guest and employee entrances and contact areas.
Need more Meow Wolf? Their second exhibition, Omega Mart, is now open in Las Vegas and operating at 50% capacity. Deemed “America’s Most Exceptional Grocery Store,” this alluring experience combines mind-blowing interactive art elements with an in-depth narrative, inviting attendees to explore 4 vast themed areas and 60 additional unique environments, including installation-filled rooms, terrains, and portals to other worlds which is brought to life by over 325 creatives. World-renowned musical and visual artists such as Beach House, Brian Eno, Amon Tobin, Alex Grey, Allyson Grey, Shrine, and Android Jones are among the 50+ collaborators working to create this mind-bending experience, which Los Angeles Times calls “Meow Wolf’s Most Ambitious Risk-Taking Endeavor Yet.”
Tickets for Omega Mart are on sale at www.omegamart.com.
To learn more about what Meow Wolf is doing to protect their visitors at both exhibitions, please visit the Meow Wolf website.
Meow Wolf was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 list of the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, and awarded the #1 spot for Live Events. The company is also building a third permanent installation in Denver, which is slated to open in late 2021.
About Meow Wolf Response to COVID-19
We are closely monitoring state and federal government policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements. We will continue to make changes as necessary. All decisions about implementing these plans will be made in collaboration with local health officials and other state and local authorities.
About Meow Wolf
Recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 list of The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies, Meow Wolf is a Santa Fe-based arts and entertainment company that creates immersive, interactive experiences to transport audiences of all ages into fantastic realms of story and exploration. The company’s first location in Santa Fe opened in 2016 and showcases the THEA Award-winning, international sensation, House Of Eternal Return, where two million visitors have now discovered a multidimensional mystery house with secret passages, portals to magical worlds, and surreal, maximalist and mesmerizing art exhibits. In 2019, Meow Wolf expanded beyond Santa Fe and opened Kaleidoscape, the world’s first artist-driven ride at Elitch Gardens in Denver. Meow Wolf recently opened their second permanent installation, Omega Mart, at AREA15 in Las Vegas and their third permanent installation in Denver slated to open in late 2021. Meow Wolf is proud to be the only certified B-Corporation in the themed entertainment industry, with a team dedicated to social impact and building a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
KMVR Magic 104.9- Playing Today’s Biggest Hits