Nusenda Credit Union to Open First Branch in Las Cruces, N.M.
Nusenda Credit Union, New Mexico’s largest credit union, announced today that it opened its first branch in Las Cruces. The branch is located in the Pan Am Plaza across from New Mexico State University’s campus at 1715 E. University Avenue. This is the credit union’s 24th branch location in New Mexico.
“Southern New Mexico is thriving, and we are excited to support its growth,” said Nusenda
President/CEO Joe Christian. “Our Pan Am branch will make it easier for current and new members in the area to access our products and services. We already have many strong relationships with businesses and nonprofit partners in Las Cruces and surrounding communities. We are glad to be doing even more to make a positive difference.”
Recognized as a New Mexico Family Friendly Business and Top Place to Work, Nusenda employs seven
local professionals at the Pan Am branch. The team can open new accounts, assist with loans and lines of
credit, issue debit and credit cards, provide financial counseling, and much more. Express Tellers at this
location offers a convenient and contactless way to make a deposit, cash a check, withdraw cash, make a
loan payment, or transfer money.
Nusenda and its philanthropic arm, the Nusenda Foundation, provide significant funding and other
support to make communities better places to live and work. Through its Community Rewards®, Financial Education Innovator, and microlending programs, Nusenda, and its members have given back to Las Cruces-area organizations, including:
• Ngage New Mexico
• New Mexico State University
• The Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico
• United Way of Southern New Mexico
• Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
• Community Action Agency of Southern New Mexico: Kids Can – Youth Entrepreneur Program
• Families and Youth, Inc. (Las Cruces Community Meal Program)
“We have started additional outreach and are excited to expand our community work in Southern New
Mexico,” commented Sara Keller, Vice President of Community Engagement. To learn more about how
Nusenda Credit Union upholds the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” visit
Our Bravo Mic Communications Family of Radio Stations and LasCrucesToday.com are teaming up once again with Las Cruces Public Schools and Nusenda Credit Union to use “THE POWER OF WE” TO STUFF THE BUS FOR LAS CRUCES PUBLIC SCHOOLS!
With the 2021-2022 school year having students returning to in-person learning and as our schools have evolved, we’re returning to our roots as a Community School Supply Drive! And we want to focus on supplies students and TEACHERS will need throughout the year. We will be updating our supply needs list as the summer progresses and new needs for the new school year become clearer. But remember, no donation is too small!
- Donations can be made Mon – Fri at Bravo Mic Communications, 101 Perkins Dr, Las Cruces NM 88005
- Donations Can be Made at ALL Live Broadcast Locations from 6/10/21 through 7/29/21: We’ll be broadcasting live on location this summer throughout Las Cruces with our community partners to collect supplies for LCPS- so be listening with 101 Gold, Zia Country 99.5, Magic 104.9, La Equis 96.7, or AM 1450 KOBE New Talk 96.7 FM for your opportunity to make a donation!
- Donations can be made our Live Stuff the Bus Radiothon Event:
We’ll be returning with the STUFF THE BUS RADIOTHON ON FRIDAY JULY 30TH FROM 8 AM TO 5 PM where supplies will be dropped off on-location and witness the sweaty glory as we actually attempt to STUFF A BUS FULL OF SUPPLIES thanks to STS! Monetary donations will also be taken during the Radiothon via the Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation.
Where: Mesilla Valley Mall
When: Friday, July 30th 2021 from 8am to 5pm
La X 96.7- Para Las Cruces, De Las Cruces