Kelly Jameson, Public Information Officer for Las Cruces Public Schools provides the latest update from Las Cruces Public Schools-
Friday Grad Schedule at Feild of Dreams
Centennial High School
Friday, May 22
Rio Grande Preparatory Institute/Crossroads
Friday, May 22
Oñate High School
Friday, May 22
And you can stream the celebrations live right here
The remote meal distribution service provided by Las Cruces Public Schools and STS New Mexico will end Wednesday, May 20. Breakfast and lunch, provided by LCPS and Families and Youth, Inc. (FYI), will resume meal distribution for the summer on May 27.
Bus delivery to select locations was a service coordinated by the school district in response to the school shut down in mid-March. The order came from the New Mexico Public Education Department in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Staff will resume the grab-and-go breakfast and lunch distribution on May 27 at all 19 school sites that were in operation during the shutdown. Meals will be available for pickup between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Alameda Elementary – 1325 N. Alameda Blvd.
- Central Elementary – 105 Alameda Blvd.
- Cesar Chavez Elementary – 5250 Holman Rd.
- Columbia Elementary – Trinity Lutheran Church 2900 Elks Dr.
- Conlee Elementary – 1701 Boston Dr.
- Desert Hills Elementary – 280 Roadrunner Pkwy
- Doña Ana Elementary – 5551 Camino De Flores
- Hermosa Heights Elementary – 1655 E. Amador Ave.
- Hillrise Elementary – 1400 Curnutt St.
- Loma Heights Elementary – 1600 E. Madrid Ave.
- Lynn Middle School – 950 S. Walnut St.
- MacArthur Elementary – 655 4th St.
- Mesa Middle School – 7225 N Jornada Rd.
- Mesilla Elementary – 2362 Calle Del Sur
- Mesilla Park Elementary – 955 W. Union Ave.
- Picacho Middle School – 1040 N. Motel Blvd.
- Tombaugh Elementary – 226 Carver Rd.
- University Hills Elementary – 2005 S. Locust St.
- Valley View Elementary – 915 California Ave.
FYI will provide meal distribution at the following locations beginning May 27:
El Crucero Permanent Housing
Radium Springs Community Resource Center
Doña Ana Community Resource Center
Spitz Park / Country Club Estates
Jason Jiron Park
Las Cruces High School
Meerscheidt Recreation Center
Parque De Cura/Ramon Ortiz, Mesilla
Rose Village Park
Valley View Park
Albert Johnson Park
Gus Vlachakis Park
Sunset Hill Park
East Mesa Recreation Center
Joe Reyna Community Center
Organ Community Resource Center
Metro Verde Splash Pad
Las Colinas Arroyo Park
New Mexico was recently awarded $97 million in federal funding for extended nutritional benefits over the summer for qualifying LCPS families. All elementary and middle school students who receive free or reduced lunch will receive a Pandemic Eletronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) card in the mail. Families already enrolled in SNAP will see additional benefits on their card by the end of May. High school students whose families have experienced a change in financial status due to the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for benefits. Applications are available at Lynn Middle School, Mesa Middle School and Picacho Middle School until May 20. Online applications can be found at www.fns.usda.gov.
Additional resources available to students and families:
· For updated information related to COVID-19, visit www.cv.nmhealth.org.
· To contact the New Mexico Department of Health for any health-related questions or concerns, call the Coronavirus Hotline, 1-855-600-3453.
· During the crisis, families without internet service might be eligible for free or reduced internet service for the next 60 days. For more information on how to apply, call (855) 954-6546, (888) 833-9522 or (888) 234-4272.
· The New Mexico Crisis Line is available for anyone experiencing an emotional or mental health crisis. For resources, visit www.nmcrisisline.com or call 1-855-662-7474. In an emergency, please call 911.
· Additional resources that families might find helpful can be found at www.lcps.net.