Outdoor Absentee Drop Boxes to Move Indoors on Tuesday Due to Weather
LAS CRUCES, NM – Outdoor, manned absentee ballot drop boxes will be pulled indoors at Early Voting locations Tuesday due to existing and forecasted weather conditions in Doña Ana County. At this time, all eight Early Voting Centers will open as scheduled.
• The County Clerk’s Office at the Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd. – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Alternate Voting Locations –11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
1. Anthony City Hall – 820 Highway 478 Anthony NM 88021
2. Delores C Wright Educational Center – 400 E Lisa Dr, Chaparral, NM 88081
3. Hatch High School – 170 E Herrera Rd, Hatch, NM 87937
4. Doña Ana Community College: Sunland Park Center – 3365 McNutt Rd., Sunland Park, NM 88063
5. Sonoma Elementary School – 4201 Northrise St., Las Cruces, NM 88011
6. Las Cruces City Hall – 700 N Main St, Las Cruces, NM 88001
7. NMSU Corbett Center – 1600 International Mall, Las Cruces, NM 88003
The National Weather Service predicts snow and rain showers throughout the day with temperatures only expected to reach the mid-30s. The Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office will continue to monitor the weather and will continue to update the public with how it is impacting voting.
The voter, the voter’s immediate family member, or the voter’s caregiver may return a completed absentee ballot to the Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office or to any voting convenience center during Early Voting and Election Day. An immediate family member is defined as a voter’s parent, child, sibling, or spouse.
If returning an absentee ballot by mail, voters are encouraged to send it by today, Tuesday, October 27.
All absentee ballots must be returned in the provided envelopes to the county clerk by 7 p.m. on November 3.
For more information, please contact our office at (575) 647-7428 or visit dacelections.com. To check the status of an absentee ballot, voters may visit NMVote.org.