Deadline to Apply is October 30 for the Las Cruces Small Business Continuity Grant Program
The deadline to apply is tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 30, 2020 for the Las Cruces Small Business Continuity Grant Program. The City of Las Cruces has launched the program to assist Las Cruces businesses and nonprofit agencies and organizations who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Applications should be submitted online through the City of Las Cruces website: www.las-cruces.org/covidgrant and will be facilitated by the City of Las Cruces Economic Development Department.
The one-time grants, of as much as $10,000 for qualifying small businesses and nonprofits, are designed to cover costs of business interruption and redesign such as non-owner employee wages, vendor bills, rent, mortgage payments, marketing, outdoor dining expenses, sanitization supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE), and utility costs caused by required city and state closures. Funds have been provided by the federal government through the State of New Mexico via the 2020 CARES Act. This is not a loan; the funds do not need to be repaid.
City of Las Cruces Economic Development Director Griselda Martinez said the program is intended to help reduce the significant, temporary loss of revenue to qualified businesses during the pandemic, and aid businesses in retaining and paying employees as well as implementing business redesigns to meet state and city health requirements.
The pandemic has been especially hard on small and local businesses, and the City of Las Cruces has been working hard to assist as much as possible.
Las Cruces Small Business Continuity Grants are limited to businesses and nonprofits physically located within Las Cruces. Funds can only be used to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures or additional costs incurred to meet the guidelines of the Public Health Order, provided those costs are not paid by insurance or by another federal, state, or local program.
- Maximum of $10,000 for qualifying small businesses physically located within the city of Las Cruces, including for mobile vendors.
- Business types include C-Corps, LLC, Partnership, Sole Proprietorship, and 501 (C) 3 Nonprofits.
- Applicants with less than 50 employees on Feb. 29, 2020 are eligible.
- Applicants must not have made more than $2 million in gross revenue in 2019.
- Applicants must have had valid business registration issued by the City of Las Cruces no later than March 10, 2020.
- Applicants must be willing to provide requested financial information for 2019 and 2020.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Funds must be used to reimburse costs incurred because of required closures, provided those costs are not paid by insurance or by any other federal, state, or local program.
Eligible business continuity expenses include:
- Non-owner employee payroll
- Scheduled mortgage payments
- Installing plexiglass barriers
- Purchasing web-conferencing or other technology to facilitate work-at-home
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitizing supplies
- Equipment for outdoor dining and operations such as chairs, tables, shades, fences, misting systems, or heaters.
To apply for a Las Cruces Small Business Continuity Grant, visit www.las-cruces.org/covidgrant. or for questions, contact the Economic Development Department at 575/541-2425, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For other business support programs, please visit www.las-cruces.org/businesssupport.
For businesses in Doña Ana County, contact the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce at https://www.lascruces.org/cares-act-relief-funds-small-business-grants/.
KMVR Magic 104.9- Playing Today’s Biggest Hits