Vista Middle School Smoke Investigation
Las Cruces firefighters were called to the report of a possible fire at Vista Middle School just after 9 a.m. Monday, September 12. When firefighters arrived, the building had already been evacuated by school staff.
Firefighters located a classroom containing a moderate amount of smoke. The source of the smoke was discovered to be from a malfunctioned motor of a HVAC unit.
Fire crews ventilated the structure and within an hour the condition of the building was determined to be safe for students and faculty to re-enter and resume their day.
News Talk 92.7 FM KOBE 1450 AM- Talk, Done Right